Our space is called “Factory”.
We rent warehouse, industrial, commercial and office premises.
The unique building of the 19th century, converted into modern enterprises, now serves for the rental and organization of trading floors, offices, warehouses, and industrial production.
In 1864, on the site of a small enterprise in the village of Pirogovo, a wool-spinning and cloth-weaving factory of the Moscow industrialists Chernyshev began to be built. At the beginning P.Ya. Chernysheva entered into a share with the famous manufacturer A.I. Khludov, familiar to us from the Khludov manufactory in Yegoryevsk. The merchant of the first guild Khludov received a certificate from the Chancellery of the Moscow Governor General for the opening of cloth production…
In 1864, on the site of a small enterprise in the village of Pirogovo, a wool-spinning and cloth-weaving factory of the Moscow industrialists Chernyshev began to be built. At the beginning P.Ya. Chernysheva entered into a share with the famous manufacturer A.I. Khludov, familiar to us from the Khludov manufactory in Yegoryevsk. The merchant of the first guild Khludov received from the office of the Moscow governor-general a certificate for the opening of cloth production “On allowing him to set up a factory for the production of cloths in the premises of the silk factory in the village of Pirogovo that he purchased from the merchant Stefan.” A year and a half later, Pelageya Chernysheva bought the factory in her own name and called it “Pelageya Chernysheva and Sons”.
By this time, she was widowed and had 5 sons. Part of the Chernyshev family lived in Moscow and had 2 more factories: a cloth factory in the Basmannaya part and a silk factory in Lefortovo. Three of the five Chernyshev brothers lived in their house next to the Pirogov factory, which they were managing. Gradually, senior grandchildren were also involved in managerial affairs.
P.Ya. Chernysheva 10 years after the foundation of the factory buys 185 acres of land with forest located next to it, and this provides the enterprise with fuel. And in 1888 the factory was converted from wood fuel to oil.
Initially, the factory was housed in a small two-story wooden building. There were only a few dozen workers. A year later, a three-story stone building and four wooden outbuildings occupied the production facilities. Workers became more than two hundred.
Factory production expanded rapidly.
And by the end of the 19th century, a thousand and a half people were already working at the Chernyshevs factory, of which two-thirds were immigrant peasants who did not completely break off ties with the village. The working day lasted 12-14 hours, depending on the specialty, and the salary ranged from 10 to 25 rubles per month. Weavers from their earnings paid a bobbin 10 kopecks per ruble earned, bought at their own expense candles to illuminate the workplace. The company widely used the labor of children and adolescents who received 3-5 rubles a month. Monthly deductions from the salary were deducted from the salary for men: 4 rubles 50 kopecks for men, 3 rubles for women and adolescents. The factory had a strict daily routine. For each walked day, daily earnings were kept in triple size. Many weavers settled for the night right at their looms.
The first school at the Chernyshev factory opened in 1892. It was located in one room and was designed for 30 people. The training was conducted by a clerk. A year later, a parish school was organized at the factory. From 1892 to 1903, 292 students studied there. Near the factory was built a church, a house for the priest.
In 1899, the “Sobriety Society” was opened at the factory, which included 260 people. In the premises of the “Society” arranged a tea room, an auditorium with a stage. A drama circle was created here.
In 1900, a working circle was created at the enterprise. On the eve and time of the first Russian revolution of 1905, strikes took place at the factory more than once, an organized strike struggle was waged, workers forced the owners to make concessions. After the October Revolution of 1917, the factory was nationalized.